Catholic Charities is now a member of the AmazonSmile community! What does that mean?
What does this mean?
- Anyone who shops via Amazon can donate 0.5% of his or her purchases to Catholic Charities IF they simply sign up as an AmazonSmile account AND designate us as their charity of choice: Go to: Catholic Charities on AmazonSmile
What is the difference between Amazon and AmazonSmile?
- Absolutely nothing! Same products. Same Prices. Same Service
Where do I go to sign up?
- Anyone can create an AmazonSmile account online at amazon.com. Even if you already have an Amazon.com account, simply go online to smile.amazon.com to select us as your charity of choice and every future purchase will generate donations for Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg.
One Catch: How to set up Amazon to always redirect to your Amazon Smile account.
- Open Google Chrome. If you don’t use Chrome we highly recommend using this browser over Internet Explorer or Firefox (download Google Chrome)
- Visit smile.amazon.com and login to your Amazon account. Type in Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg in the box that says “Or pick your own charitable organization.“ (If you are already signed into your amazon account and were provided a link by the organization you wish to contribute to, simply click the provided link and follow the next step.)
- On the next screen be sure to check the “SELECT” box for the Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Make sure you’re logged on to your amazon account, click on the link that directs you to your organization’s smile account, and click “yes” to support that organization (or whatever language is there).
- Next, click on the following link for the respective internet browser you use:
- Google Chrome – download the “Smile Always” extension by clicking “Add To Chrome”.
- Mozilla Firefox – download the “Smile Redirect” extension by clicking “Download Now”.
- Safari – download the “Keep on Smiling” extension by clicking on latest download version (currently v1.2) and follow the installation instructions.
- Internet Explorer – unfortunately Internet Explorer users are out of luck as usual, there is no extension for this browser.
Congratulations, now you can forget you ever did anything. Every time you shop, your selected charitable organization (Catholic Charities) will get 0.5% of the amount you spend.
What if I don’t have an Amazon.com account?
- That’s easy. Simply go online to amazon.com and you can create your Amazon/AmazonSmile account which gives you access to everything you would get on amazon.com.
What else can I do to help?