Donate Your Car to Catholic Charities: do you have a car or other vehicle you are going to trade-in or sell? Are you tired of selling it for a fraction of what you believe it is worth?
If the answer to these questions is “yes”, you should donate your car to Catholic Charities! We have many clients and residents who are in need of a vehicle to take them to and from work, school, or various appointments (doctors visits, interviews, etc.).
We’ll accept your vehicle as long as you and your vehicle meet the following guidelines:
• you are the legal owner of the vehicle and are in possession of the title
• the vehicle meets all legal requirements for safe operation on the public roadways
• the vehicle operates (i.e., it can be driven from your location to ours)*
• is not in need of major repairs
* We typically do NOT pick up donated vehicles. Please make arrangements to deliver the car to us as we are not equipped to pick it up from your location
In addition to cars, we’ll consider accepting the following vehicles: trucks, minivans, recreational vehicles (RVs), vans, motorcycles, mopeds, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), golf carts, and trailers.
If your vehicle follows the aforementioned guidelines, to start the donation process, please do the following:
1. Call us at (727) 893-1314 and ask for the Marketing & Development Director or the Chief Financial Officer
2. Email us at DonateCar4Charity
Upon receipt of the vehicle (and title), we will provide you with two items:
1. A Gift-in-Kind Form that specifies your gift (i.e., year, make and model of the vehicle as well as the mileage) and your claimed dollar value
2. A Donation Form that shows you sold your vehicle to Catholic Charities for $0.