When refugees families and individuals arrive in the United States, they have very few possessions to their name. That is when Catholic Charities, Diocese of St. Petersburg steps in. Through our Refugee Reception and Placement program, from the moment refugees arrive at the airport, Catholic Charities is there to guide them toward becoming self-sufficient and contributing members of their new community.
Upon arrival in the Tampa Bay area, we;
* Meet them at the airport
* Arrange for housing and basic necessities
* Provide them with a cultural orientation and introduction to the community
* Help them learn English
* Offer transportation and interpretation to health service providers
* Provide employment counseling and job placement
You can help us address the basic and immediate needs of arriving refugees by:
* Donating funds: your tax deductible donation will help refugees regain hope and security.
• $65 = will buy one queen size bed.
• $100 = will buy a move in kit.
• $50 = will buy a hygiene kit
• $75= will buy a bicycle for transportation.
* Donating Non-Perishable Food Items: Food is one the most basic human needs and Catholic Charities works to ensure that refugees do not go hungry.
• Canned goods – such as, black beans, chili, soup, canned meat, spaghetti sauce, etc.
• Rice (1-3 lb. bags)
• Peanut Butter
* Donating gently used/new items: your contributions will help us furnish the apartments of newly arrived refugees:
Furniture: sofa, chair, coffee table, bookshelves, lamp, dining set, mattress(all sizes),
kids bed, crib, nightstand.
Kitchen: pots and pans, cups, bowls, and plates, flatware, glasses, rice cooker, coffee pot, toaster, blender, cutlery.
Bedding and Bath: sheets, pillow cases, blankets,bed in a bag, comforter, bath towels, shower
curtains, bath rug.
Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, razors, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body wash.
Non-perishable food: cereal, granola bars, rice, oil, food gift cards.
Limited pick-up for large items, please call: 813-833-3693. Your donation is tax deductible – pick up your In-Kind Form/Tax Receipt at one of the drop-off locations below.
Telephone:727-893-1311, Ext: 208
|2021 E. Bush Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33612
|1213 16th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33705