Free medical services are offered at four clinics and aboard our medical mobile bus.
What we do:
We work with volunteer physicians, and other health and social service professionals to provide free medical, health promotion, and social services to the rural poor of eastern and southern Hillsborough County and eastern Pasco County. Our clinics operate under the auspices of the State of Florida Department of Health Volunteer Health Care Provider Program targeting low-income households in need of healthcare coverage.
Who we serve:
We provide services to low-mid income families (as described above) who reside in East and South Hillsborough County and are unable to receive medical services from other sources. We target persons with household incomes less than 200% of the poverty level and who are without health care coverage.
– San Jose Mission Free Medical Clinic in Dover
– La Esperanza Free Medical Clinic at Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission in Wimauma
– Tampa Bay Downs Free Medical Clinic at Westchase in Tampa (November – April only)
– St. Andre Free Medical Clinic in Dade City
- Dover (San Jose Mission)
- Plant City (St. Clement Catholic Church)
- Wimauma (Our Lady of Guadalupe, Bethel Mission, Good Samaritan Mission)
- Dade City (St. Rita Catholic Church)
- Westchase/Tampa (Tampa Bay Downs)
* Acute primary medical care and follow-up and referral
* Routine well woman exams
* Health promotion and disease prevention
* Health screenings for high blood pressure and diabetes
Services are provided through a mix of the free medical mobile bus that goes directly to the target population and stationary clinics located in areas with dense population in need of care.
Free Mobile Medical Clinic (Bus Visits) – are scheduled during convenient evening and weekend hours and are located at accessible sites such as churches, community based social service agencies, and day care centers. The bus is where Wimauma patients are served.
Tampa Bay Downs Free Medical Clinic – are provides an annual free health fair for those who work “behind the scenes.” Weekly clinics are offered on Wednesdays, from November through April, when the seasonal race track workers are in residence there.
Two stationary clinics – are available at the San Jose Mission in Dover and at the St. Andre Free Medical Clinic in Dade City (co-located with the Foundations of Life Pregnancy Center).
We need you:
Medical professionals are needed to provide acute primary care and well-woman exams. Medical Screeners are needed to assist medical professionals with patient vitals and information gathering. Individuals able to speak Spanish/English are needed as interpreters.
Contact Us: Sr. Sara Proctor, Program Coordinator
San Jose Mission
3228 San Jose Mission Drive
Dover, FL 33527