In response to today’s Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization:
Since our founding in 1945, Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg remains committed to walking in solidarity with all those who come to our doors, whether they are girls or women in crisis pregnancies or families facing challenging social, economic or housing circumstances. Our compassion for those struggling with difficulties often beyond their control is coupled with a call for strong social supports – including food, health and housing policies – that uplift and promote the welfare of all. This call is consistent with our Catholic faith and values, with our mission to alleviate suffering and reduce poverty, and with the teachings of the Gospels.
Catholic Charities provides social services to help women and girls during pregnancy and after the birth of a child through our Foundations of Life Pregnancy Centers. These social services include financial and material support; care and counseling during prenatal, postnatal, and postpartum stages; adoption; and housing. To learn more about our work, please visit www.ccdosp.org (click here), www.foundationsoflife.org (click here) and www.ccadoptfl.org (click here). You will also see our list of resources at the bottom of this page.
Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops Statement on U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization:
On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court of the United States issued a landmark ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, overturning Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey. In response, the bishops of Florida issued the following statement:
“We are deeply heartened to see that the U.S. Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey in its landmark opinion, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. The most influential abortion case in decades, Dobbs is a decision by our nation’s highest court to allow states to protect women and their children from abortion through all stages of pregnancy.
To read more download the attached document below:
Foundations of Life Pregnancy Centers
- Our Pregnancy Centers provide the following FREE services:
- Pregnancy Options – Accurate information on abortion, parenting and adoption.
- Pregnancy Test
- Limited Ultrasound
- Community Resources and Medical Referrals
- Parenting and All About Baby Resources
- Maternity and Infant Supplies – Up to 24 Months
- Emergency Food Items
- Pre-natal Childbirth Education
- Infant Parenting Classes
- Abstinence Education
- Fertility Care
- Tampa – Hillsborough County (2)
- 6845 N Dale Mabry Hwy.
- Tampa, FL. 33614
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Phone: (813) 631-4398
- Knights Women’s Center
- 2002 E Fletcher Ave,
- Tampa, FL 33612
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Phone: (813) 910-3280
- Dade City – Pasco County (1)
- 37733 Meridian Ave
- Dade City, FL 33525
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (352) 521-1218
- Spring Hill – Hernando County (1)
- 8370 Forest Oaks Boulevard
- Spring Hill, FL 34606
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (352) 686-9897 x 22
- Clearwater – Pinellas County (1)
- 905 S Prospect Ave
- Clearwater, FL 33756
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Phone: (727) 550-4236
For more information about Foundations of Life Pregnancy Centers, click here.
For donations, click here or text FOLBABY to 41444.
To volunteer, call (813) 631-4398.